The IEEE RFID-TA 2019 sponsors a paper competition for Best Paper and Best Student Paper Awards.
- Papers describing either complete results of original research or a project containing a significant design element will be considered for Best (Student) Paper Awards.
- Have not been previously published in any form and are entirely original.
- Must be presented at the RFID-TA 2019 conference in Pisa, Italy.
- The first author must be an IEEE (Student) Member.
- An author may submit only ONE entry for the Paper Award.
- For the Best Student Paper, the student should be listed as the first author (corresponding author). Other individuals may be listed as co-authors, if appropriate.
- The paper contributes to research in RFID
- The paper is innovative. It shows high levels of creativity, fresh thinking and innovation
- It focuses on applications, including real examples, of the RFID technology
The Review Process
Paper Award submissions will be reviewed by the Technical Program Committee for their suitability to be included in the technical program of the Conference. Those receiving high scores in the initial review will then be reviewed by the Paper Award Committee to short-list the Finalists.
The finalists will be selected by the Paper Award Committee based upon the review outcome. Each Finalist must attend the Conference and present his or her paper in the conference program. Winners will be selected based on the technical merits of the work, professionalism of the presentation, and verbal communication skills.